الجمعة، 16 مارس 2007

...first love...


I never was struck before that
whith love so sudden and so sweet
Her face it bloomed like a sweet flower
And stole my heart away complete.

My face turned pale, a deadly pale
My legsrefused to walk away
And when she looked, what could i ail
My life and all seemed turned to clay.


And then my blood rushed to my face
And took my eye sight quite away
The trees and bushed round the place
Seemed midnight at the noon day.


I couldn't see a single thing
words from my eyes did start
They spoke as chords do from the string
And blood turned rounf my heart.


Are flowers the winter's choice
Is love's bed always snow
She seemed to hear my silent voice
Not love appeals to know.


I never saw so sweet a face
As that I stood before
My heart has left it's dwelling place
And can return no more.


-John Clare-

ليست هناك تعليقات: